Examples of self-experience or simulation practices are Virtual Dementia Tours (VDT), role-playing games or theatre laboratories. The INTenSE project is an ERASMUS+ project aiming to develop a toolkit and implement an integrated, technology-based self-experience intervention. This intervention should enhance empathy and understanding of health care professionals and informal carers for the lived experience of dementia and improve the quality of dementia care. Participating countries are, Germany, Italy, Ireland and the Netherlands (Maastricht University).
The INTenSE project comprises three main objectives: 1. Detailed scoping review of the state-of-the-art of self-experience practices and focus groups to identify best practices of VDT, role-plays and Theater Laboratories, and to collect transnational experience to be included in the INTenSE e-booklet.
2. Co-design and development, at European level, of the INTenSE Dementia Simulation toolkit (DST) to simulate dementia symptoms and create empathy and real understanding as a means to change dementia care practice and to improve the quality of care.
3. Co-design of an ICT web platform as a tool for creating mutual learning through the exchange of experiences, thus fostering the digital competences of professionals.
- Prof. Marjolein de Vugt, email: email@example.com
- Dr. Niels Janssen, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Fania Dassen, e-mail: email@example.com